Saturday, September 30, 2006

699 hands: $119
Monthly Goal $4.000 sofar: $2.153

I suffered a big suckout yesterday. The biggest one since I got back from vacation. I felt that my ability to handle tilt had worsened slightly, but I still managed to keep my cool.

I had all my money in the middle on the turn against two opponents, I had a flush, one opponent had a set and the other a pocket pair of Kings with the nut flush draw. The last card gave the player with the Kings his nut flush and he took the pot worth more than $1.600.

Immediatly I thought how I would feature this hand on my blog, writing about how I would have almost made my Monthly Goal if there was any justice in poker. But then I remembered that I am not writing this blog to let of steam from bad beats, but to improve as a player. So I dug through the hands of that session and wouldn't you know it I found a suckout I myself made, which I had forgotten in all the selfpity the previous hand created.

66 in the Small Blind: On the turn when he bets pot, I remember thinking that he wouldn't bet that much with the straight so I might as well just get it all-in. Well sometimes my thinking just doesn't make sense.

If I would have let my mind linger on the suckout I suffered, I would not have learnt anything from the bad play I myself made in the same session.

I am gonna play some poker today, but I need to be at my grandmothers birthday aswell, so my playing time is limited. September only has 30 days, so I basically need to make $1.850 today. Unless I get very lucky I am not gonna make my monthly goal.

No comments: