Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Back ... somewhat

My friends and I had a great time on vacation. We were on Malta for 2 weeks.

I am not home as of yet, I am in Denmark staying with my brother. I will stay here for a week or two before I head back home.

I do have a laptop and an internet connection here in Denmark, so I am starting slowly to play again.
Unfortunatly I forgot to bring the recharger for my camera with me on vacation, but mine wasn't the only camera there, so hopefully I can get some pictures up in a couple of days.

I took a session on Full Tilt yesterday, just to see if things have changed since I last was online. Things seemed to be quite normal and I ended with a nice profit of about $150.
Today I got invited to a live game. The stakes were not too high, but that didn't guarantee a smooth ride. At one point I was down about 2500 DKR ($415), but after a action packed ending with straddles and heavy raising I ended the session up about 600 DKR ($100). Large swings indeed for a game that has a blind level of about a tenth of what I am used to.

There were a couple of very interesting hands, but the details are fuzzy.
The last hand of the evening was my big score. The pot got huge before the flop was even dealt, because of raises and straddles. Luck was smiling my way and I flopped a set. All my money went in on the turn and I ended up running it twice against a double belly buster straight draw.
My hand held up on both dealings and I raked in the biggest pot of my live game experience, over 4000 DKR ($666)

All in all it was great fun and we played for about 12 hours.
And I honestly believe that I would have had the same great impression of the game, if I would have ended the day down. I hope to be able to join in again next week.

2 comments:

Razboynik said...

Hi Johan.
Great blog.
You are an inspiration.
Cheers.

Unknown said...

Thank you.

I see you have a blog as well, I will surely give it a read when time permits.