Wednesday, April 18, 2007

April 18th - More poor results.

Monthly goal: $11.000
I am at -$5.876
Change: -$3.947


As my results show I am still running bad. I was at -$6.100 yesterday, so at my low point I have been at minus 16 buy ins.

I saw a guy yesterday sit down at a table, flop the nuts or close to it 4 times within 50 hands and win $10.000. People pushed their entire deep stacks into him, sometimes with nothing, over and over and without even knowing if he knew how to play the game or not I saw him get up from the tables a $10.000 winner.

As chance will have it I have never had such a run of cards. I have actually had close to the opposite a couple of times. That is I've flopped the nuts 4 times in 50 hands and lost a fortune.
I can probably count on one hand the times I have sat at a table with 3 buy ins at $5/$10, even though I see people sitting with that big stacks every day that I play. I hope my time will come someday.

What I can learn from this is that poker will most likely be a much more rewarding game for me in the future. I am positive that I have had a much worse than average run in my late poker career than should be expected.
So in turn if my next years play of poker will turn out to be an average run, I can expect it to be a much more fun, rewarding and fair game.

Whatever the case, I have no doubt that I am playing a winning game and the losses do not affect me as much as they used to. They have even started to give me a strong desire to fight back and play more, where I usually lost the drive after a bad session.

Here are my latest two big losers:

AA from Under the Gun
QTs in the Cut Off

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too expect good times based on, that you in the past, have had bad times is just too silly. Your previous runs of cards, does not affect your future runs, the slightest bit.

Unknown said...

Yea it is called superstition and is indeed silly.

I am not superstitious.

I guess you have read the paragraph that begins with: "What I can learn from this..." and misunderstood it.
I don't say that I expect to run good in the future, reread it if you misunderstood.

Thanks for your comment nevertheless :)

Anonymous said...

hello yutani,

I am curious to know what your pr raise precetage and VPIP stats are. You stated that you can count the number of times you have had over a 300 bb stack at 5/10 on your hand. Is this due to a very tight image? I am curious to know. Perhaps you are giving the full tilt 5/10 players to little credit ( skill wise ) and maybe you need to change up your game from an ABC tight aggress player who can easily be read to maybe somehing a tad more lag. You could drop down in stakes and experiment and see how this works. I understand that you have been running poorly and hope that all will change for you soon.

good luck

Unknown said...

My VP$IP and PFR are about 22/16.

I probably tighten up to about 20/15 when playing 8 tables and loosen up to about 24/18 when playing 3 tables or when the games get a bit more short-handed.