Tuesday, January 30, 2007

January 30th - Yesterday bad! Today good.

Monthly goal: $7.000
I'm at $4.124


End of January is closing in, but I am still edging a bit closer to this months goal. I am glad I at least made the halfway mark.

I played a focused, but relaxed session today and I made a bundle. I did however loose a bundle last night from a not so relaxed and focused session.

K2o in the Big Blind: This is a NL CAP game on Full Tilt. It means there is a CAP of $300, as the maximum any player can loose in any given round, after that you are considered all-in.
I pick a very bad time to tilt/bluff off $300 here.

This was from a heads-up match however, where things can get pretty aggressive. I had made this push against this very opponent a couple of hands earlier, where he called and I had two pair. So after a bit of tilt settling in, from loosing another pot, I figured this for a good opportunity for a steal.
Needless to say it wasn't, getting your money in drawing close to dead, is seldom a good play. If I had KJ or something however it could be a play worth considering.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how do you like the capped games on full tilt? do you find it alot harder to get people off 2nd pair or draws when they know going into a hand they can only lose the capped amount per hand?

Unknown said...

I am not any big fan of the Capped games, but there are advantages as well as disadvantages.

There are often much worse players to be found there, than on the same limit without the CAP. That is always a plus.

Those players are harder to bluff yes and they are sometimes frustrating to play against. But a player that is hard to bluff and draws too much is a good thing all the same.

The bad part is that much of my edge comes from knowing how to play with a deep stack. The Turn and River where many players make a lot of mistakes are less important in the Capped games, where you can't get deeper than 30 BB in any given hand.