Wednesday, January 24, 2007

January 24th - Big swings.

Monthly goal: $7.000
I'm at $973


At one point today I was up $2.000. My final hour of play tonight didn't go too well and I lost a lot of money in a great hurry. It is hard to be unbiased when evaluating one's own play. I know that I could have made some better decisions today and I didn't manage to keep my focus through all of todays play. But when looking through today's session in Poker Tracker, I can only conclude that I was, more than anything else, very unlucky.

I didn't play too well in a session I had yesterday. Luckily I broke even on that session, but looking at this hand again I see it could have gone much worse.

J2o in the BB: I was looking for a hand to re-raise pre-flop with against this opponent. He had been a bit too eager with his steals, so I was looking for a decent hand to fight back with.
Unfortunately before I could pick up a decent hand, I get a bad beat in some other pot I play, so in tilt I pick J2o to re-raise with.

It doesn't look like I stand much of a chance to reach this months goal. I am somewhat happy about my rekindled interest in poker, but I don't like the results I am getting. I can do much more than just hope that my luck turns around, I just need to find out where and how I want to focus my efforts.

No comments: