Tuesday, January 15, 2008

January 15th - Starting up a new year.

Bankroll: ~ $28.900
Monthly goal: $6.000
Monthly win: $1.700
Hands played:
2300

I made a new year's resolution to quit smoking. I kept it for about 5 hours...
Let's hope I can assert more discipline at the poker tables.

The two weeks of January have been stressful featuring two essays in my English studies. However, from now till February 1st I have no classes or homework, so I look forward to taking some time off and catching up on some poker.

I was up about $4.000 a week ago, but I have run into some bad beats these last few days and it has taken it's toll. It has not all been bad luck, I have also made some questionable plays.

KQ in the Big Blind: This hand has been bugging me for some time. The UTG limper had been playing wildly pushing me out of a few pots. I was thrilled when I finally flopped top pair and once I turned top two I couldn't let the hand go.

Overall I am very happy with how things are going. I plan to get in some hands before the end of the month and hopefully they will bring me to my goal of $6.000.
Cashing out here in Denmark is cakewalk. Three days or so after I cash out the money is in my bank account. I have been on the phone with the tax authorities and they say my winnings should be tax free. I can wait till I get my tax returns to be sure or I can write a letter for each of my individual cash outs to get a binding answer from the tax authorities.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too quit smoking on new year, tortured myself for about 48 hours. Anyway good luck with poker, school and smoking.

Unknown said...

Thanks.

I think I will give quitting smoking another try. It can't be that hard, I've done it before.