Thursday, June 07, 2007

June 7th - An update from Sin City

Monthly goal: To pay for my trip to Las Vegas
I am at -$500
Change: -$500


I finally got around to making an update here in Vegas. These last three days have been a blast and it is hard to settle down long enough for an update. I guess it would be much harder still to recount them without making the entry too long.

In short I dropped a couple of buy-ins at $2/$5 at the Rio. The cardroom is crowded and it seems to be very disorganized.
After two days and $1.000 down I decided to step back a bit and find a new venue and a new game. I picked $1/$2 at the MGM Grand and took a taxi to the strip. Eight hours later I left up $700 and very pleasantly surprised at the good service of the well run cardroom.

At this time of writing I am short about $500 from the origional roll I brought to Vegas, but that is counting food and all other stuff except hotel room and airfare.

Today I think I'll try to catch a movie at the Palms, or find a good show somewhere in Vegas before I start grinding again.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice.. :)

Hope you have fun in Las Vegas.. :)
wish i could afford to go there.. :)

torshavnfyr

Anonymous said...

Good luck in Vegas!

How do you find the competition at 1/2$ ? Is it a tough game?

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear that you're doing well...and best of luck to you.

The weather still as hot as when we where there last time?

PJ said...

Hey man - I just got back from Vegas Monday!

If you're still out there, you should check out the WYNN 2/5 NL games - very juicy :)

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

We need updates!!!!! :P

Anonymous said...

Like I said: You should update at least once a day while in Vegas :)

Anonymous said...

Glad your fortunes changed with your venue! Enjoy your time in my country. More updates! -Steve

Anonymous said...

Dude... Hope your lack of updates means that you are too busy winning in Vegas.

Miss hearing from you.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Maybe it's all gone on strippers and booze:)

Anonymous said...

I am in here daily hoping for updates. Now it is 11 days since the last update...

Anonymous said...

Actually i start to get a bit worried.

Are you ok?...

Hope your to busy having fun in vegas to update here...

Torshavnfyr ( jan)

Anonymous said...

I received a text-message (SMS) from Johan saying that he'll be returning form Vegas tomorrow the 22nd - so he is alive ^_^

Maybe his computer is down or something.

Anonymous said...

20 days without an update..