Wednesday, February 11, 2009

February 11th - A much needed update.

It has been almost a year since my last update. Much has happened in my life, yet a lot of things have stayed the same as well.

I have been dating a girl, Jane, for half a year now; I have just started my 4th semester in college; and by and large life is good. I live in a crappy little dorm room in Copenhagen, Denmark, but it is very affordable, quite close to school and even closer to the train track making traveling in the city easy and enjoyable.


"It is a hard way to make an easy living"

That saying has made a lot of sense throughout my poker career. A year ago after a prolonged losing period, poker seemed almost too hard a job.

I never quit though - I played a little, lost some money, won more than I lost, but cashed out even more. My bankroll has slowly dwindled while it has been my main source of income during school. In December after all the Christmas shopping was done, my bankroll hit an all-time low since I started playing poker professionally. All the money I had online combined was less than $10.000.

So in the start of this new year, I made up my mind to start playing a bit more regularly. With that decision comes this new blog entry. I don't know if I will start writing again, but I do know I will start playing more. I have built the bankroll up again, so that I can tackle $2/$4 NL with confidence again and so far it does not seem like I have lost my touch during my hiatus.

No comments: